All students at Heatly have the opportunity to use our library on a regular basis. Whether it be library classes, research, book choice, instruction with classroom teachers, and technology instruction.
Kindergarten students may check out one book at a time. The loan period is one week.
Grades 1-5, students may check out 2 books at a time. The loan period is one week.
Grades 6-12, students may check out 3 books at a time. The loan period is two weeks.
Heatly Library Catalog
Links to Databases and Useful Websites
- Brain Pop
- Brain Pop, Jr.
- Scholastic go!
- ProQuest SIRS Issue Researcher
- National Geographic Kids
- Hour of Code
Fun Things To Do at Home
- National Geographic Kids Science Lab: Experiments you can do at home
- ScienceBob.com: Science experiments for families to try together, including everything from making ice cream in a plastic bag to creating a hovercraft!
- CK-12: Resources to help you discover our galaxy, the Milky Way, the location of our solar system within it, and the supermassive black hole at its center.
- StarDate: See which planets are visible in the sky in our area. Maybe Mom and Dad will gaze with you. *Ask your parents to try on of the free constellation apps from their phone store to help you find stars, planets and constellations!
- Erie Canal – National Heritage Corridor: Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor works to preserve and share our extraordinary heritage, to promote the Corridor as a world class tourism destination, and to foster vibrant communities connected by more than 500 miles of waterway.
- Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission: Learn more about the Pine Bush and its plants and animals. Go for a visit with your family and enjoy the pine.
- Niagara Falls USA 360 VR Experience: Get a 360 degree view of the U.S. side of the falls.
- C-SPAN Cities Tour – Albany: New York State Capitol Building Tour: Tour the NYS Capital and hear it’s history.
- Robert Irwin’s virtual Australia Zoo tour!